I love cooking healthy alternatives for my family to enjoy, especially when I can share the meal with Gatsby and Daisy. These pancakes make a great breakfast or meal side. I used turmeric for its anti-inflammatory properties, but it pairs well with other spices and herbs.
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- coconut oil for greasing
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Poke holes with a fork in the potatoes and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silk pad.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes. Let cool.
- Peel the skin and then use a large cheese grater to shred the potatoes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, parsley and spice/s.
- Mix in the shredded potatoes until well combined.
- Heat a griddle or skillet with coconut oil over medium heat. Spoon the mixture onto the griddle as you would a pancake, 4-6 inches in diameter.
- Cook pancakes 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve warm as a breakfast or side dish to your two-legged family members. Give as a treat to your doggy. (See note #2 below)
Store in the refrigerator for up to a week or freeze for future use.
- With the turmeric, you may also use a combination of 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon ginger for a sweeter flavor. Rosemary also pairs well with sweet potatoes.
- These pancakes can also be used in place of buns for burgers.