These peanut butter dog cookies are reminiscent of what my Momma bakes for my family around the holidays. Although she would always top it with a Hershey Kiss! Gatsby loves peanut butter and it is a healthy source of protein, heart healthy fats, vitamins and minerals.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- teaspoon ½baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted and unsweetened creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour and baking soda in a bowl. In a separate larger bowl, combine peanut butter, honey and egg. Add the flour mixture and water to the wet ingredients to combine (if you have a food processor you can use it in place of the bowl).
- Scoop dough into small balls and place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a crisscross pattern. Note that you can also gently roll the dough out and cut it into your dog’s favorite cookie cutter shapes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.