For baby food, we really love Jennifer Garner’s Once Upon a Farm. The food is organic, free of preservatives, artificial flavors, added sugar, and salt.
If you don’t have baby food, cook a vegetable or fruit of your choice and then puree it. Double the recipe and use two different flavors of baby food.
These are baby food flavors that most dogs will like:
- Sweet Potato: good source of dietary fiber for their digestive system and a good source of vitamin B6, vitamin C, and beta-carotene which converts to vitamin A
- Apple: low protein source, high in dietary fiber, and vitamins A and C
- Butternut Squash: good source of dietary fiber and folate, and vitamins B6 and C
- Carrots: high in beta-carotene (vitamin A), vitamin K, potassium and minerals
- Bananas: high in potassium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C