Looking for meals to make with your leftover Thanksgiving turkey?! Here are two yummy sandwiches that will fill you up and not out.
Turkey Cranberry Sandwich
- 4 slices whole grain or sprouted grain bread
- 1/4 cup cream cheese or 2 Laughing Cow wedges
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 4 slices cooked turkey
- Spread 2 tablespoons of low-fat plain or chive cream cheese (or 1 Laughing Cow wedge) on two pieces of bread.
- Top with greens, red onion and turkey.
- Top each sandwich with 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce and other slice of bread.
Serve and enjoy!
8 slices rye bread
- ½ cup low-fat Thousand Island dressing store bought or homemade
- 8 slices cooked turkey
- 4 slices low-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 cup sauerkraut
- Canola oil or canola oil cooking spray
Build sandwich with 2 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing, 2 slices turkey breast, 1 slice Swiss cheese and ¼ cup sauerkraut. Top with another slice of rye bread.
Lightly coat a medium sauté pan with canola oil and grill sandwich over medium heat until cheese is melted, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly browned.
Cut in half on the diagonal. Repeat for remaining sandwiches.
Serve and enjoy!
Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
- ¼ cup low-fat canola oil mayonnaise
- ⅔ cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- ¾ cup chili sauce
- ⅓ cup sweet relish
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup reduced fat milk
Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender container (or high-speed blender) and mix well. Refrigerate leftovers for up to a week.
 You can also make this sandwich in a whole grain wrap.
 Choose your favorite flavor, like Swiss Garlic and Herb.