One of the most powerful herbs is oregano. It’s great for your immune system because it’s both antibacterial and antifungal. There are as many antioxidants in 1/4 teaspoon of dry oregano (or 1 tablespoon fresh) as in one whole apple. Many holistic veterinarians are even using oregano oil in place of antibiotics to cure different ailments in your doggy.
Here is a simple recipe that my Momma Joan makes all the time for our family. It’s not only healthy but tastes absolutely delicious and can be made in a jiff!
Joan’s Chicken Oregano
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 chicken breasts
- 6 Yukon gold or red potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup organic oregano
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine (may substitute with another 1/2 cup olive oil)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place the chicken at the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish and top with vegetables.
- Cover with oregano, olive oil and white wine.
- Bake in oven uncovered for 1 hour.
 Remember onions are toxic for your pup!