I like to make healthy recipes I can share with my dog, Gatsby. This crockpot recipe is one of them. What I love about this recipe is that it’s easy to make and tasty. Gatsby loves it.
Crockpot Mushroom Chicken and Vegetables
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 red potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cremini or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can organic cream of mushroom soup (I like to use Amy’s or Imagine for dairy-free.)
- Place chicken breasts in the crockpot and top with carrots, red potatoes, mushrooms, onion and seasoning. Cover with chicken broth and cream of mushroom soup.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours. Enjoy! 🙂
A bigger breed dog may consume a chicken breast and a 1/2 cup vegetables. A smaller breed dog may consume a half of chicken breast and 1/4 cup vegetables.
 If you’re sharing with your doggy omit the onion.
 If you’re sharing with your doggy omit the garlic.